PDA

View Full Version : xp blue screen

jj77
07-12-2008, 14:48
hello everybody
after using iolo system mechanic - performing disk cleanup
my xp pro evo compaq laptop refuses to start .
it gets stuck just before logging into windows displaying blue screen message
IRQL not less or egual
and then stop error 0x0000000A
i was able to boot into safe mode and do system restore successfully to various dates but windows still won`t load displaying the same message

could anybody suggest some solution please - thanks in advance

graham-P
07-12-2008, 15:15
> hello everybody
> after using iolo system mechanic - performing disk
> cleanup
> my xp pro evo compaq laptop refuses to start .
> it gets stuck just before logging into windows
> displaying blue screen message
> IRQL not less or egual
> and then stop error 0x0000000A
> i was able to boot into safe mode and do system
> restore successfully to various dates but windows
> still won`t load displaying the same message
>
> could anybody suggest some solution please - thanks
> in advance

Apart from knowing that this is a device driver error, I'm afraid I don't know the answer. There is loads of forum messages and suggested fixes about this on the web. Just search "IRQ less than equal" and "Stop error 0x0000000A" and see what comes up. One of the answers is probably the answer to your problem.

stu06
07-12-2008, 16:35
1 :Try unplugging all external devices.
2 :In safe mode run chkdsk

Exos
07-12-2008, 19:46
Hi I've had a similar error before and it was down to faulty RAM download this http://www.memtest86.com/ on an different computer and burn it to disk and boot the test machine off the cd and run the test to see if your memory passes download the Iso and use power iso or some other iso app

jj77
08-12-2008, 21:00
thank you all for replying but unfortunately nothing solved my problem
checkisk got stuck in phase 2 at 5% . i took the disk out and checked it with another machine as external drive - which went fine
but when trying to defragment it gave me this error code 0x0022 and source being disk manager

i also tired the other suggestion with memory scan EMM 386.exe found error - invalid opcode 6
saying it`s a faulty driver -but i didn`t install anything and everything else external is unplugged .And it doesn`t boot from cd made from iso file- did i do something wrong here -?
i burnt with nero express 6 a bootable disk from an iso file
That stop error i get with blue screen has 4 parameters in brackets
0x73736610,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804E2EA0
maybe that would be a clue
i googled these numbers - the last one seems to be network card - but how to disable or remove it ?
now it doesn`t even go into safe mode - gets stuck on driver agp400.sys

stu06
08-12-2008, 21:43
Sorry to doubt you here,but it is definitely 'agp400.sys' and not 440?

agp sounds like graphic/card/driver symptoms.

Can you load any of the other advance options after pressing F8 assuming this is the key used to access (safe mode) on your machine.

Exos
09-12-2008, 12:26
Try downloadin memtest on another computer and burning it to disk with ISO burn a free download too heres a link
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

TIG
09-12-2008, 19:35
Exos
hi mate sounds like another super cleaner , registry ect,repair install replace damaged missing files

petekins
09-12-2008, 22:30
Hi, I think Exos is on the right track, I had similar probs, freeze up on boot with a BSOD.
I have 2 ram sticks of 1gb each, which I upgraded my self.
Upon ram testing, 2 errors showed up, with the sticks in slots 1&3. After several hours
of swapping them about ,testing one at a time to try and eliminate which one was faulty I couldn't get them to show a fault!
I finally put them in slots 1&2 and bingo no hang up on boot! Either slot 3 was faulty, or there was a bad contact , any way it now works, so try swapping the ram around, what have you got to lose??
pete.

Message was edited by: petekins

null

Exos
10-12-2008, 17:34
Hi memtest86 is not a cleaner it tests your RAM to see if it is faulty as loads of Blue screens are down to faulty ram its a good place to start and if your ram passes its one less thing to check

anonymous
10-12-2008, 20:12
to sort out ur driver situation try google 'drivermax' for a free check, update & listing

Iain1979
11-12-2008, 08:04
and too boot from disc make sur you set cd rom as 1st boot in your BIOS

jj77
11-12-2008, 12:30
thank you again
i did burn that iso image to cd using the software you recommended
i understand i boot my machine from this cd ? or just use it later after booting with original microsoft xp pro cd ?
i tried booting with the cd made from iso of memtest and nothing really happened - it said again that system memory manager detected error caused by faulty driver or program .so what do i do next - is that what i was supposed to get - a general message ?

jj77
11-12-2008, 12:32
hi
thank you -- it is agp 440.sys
i can`t get into any of safe mode options .
is there anything i can do at this stage ?
but if i manage to get into safe mode - how can i fix this graphics driver problem ?

jj77
11-12-2008, 12:43
hello again

i took the hard disk out and connected with usb to another computer trying to get data
but my administrator account had his folders made private so now it shows - access denied to My documents of administrator`s account - i know the password of course but there is no option to enter it and unlock the access - and it says the folder is empty which is not true .

Is there any way i can get data from that account on the disk - ?

i ran chkdsk and at first got message - crosslinked files but later it completed the task and now the disk is repaired - but defragmentation still failed maybe because of these proivate files - of around 8 GB.
still not able to enter safe mode -gets stuck on driver agp440.sys

jj77
11-12-2008, 12:46
hello again

i took the hard disk out and connected with usb to another computer trying to get data
but my administrator account had his folders made private so now it shows - access denied to My documents of administrator`s account - i know the password of course but there is no option to enter it and unlock the access - and it says the folder is empty which is not true .

Is there any way i can get data from that account on the disk - ?

i ran chkdsk and at first got message - crosslinked files but later it completed the task and now the disk is repaired - but defragmentation still failed maybe because of these proivate files - of around 8 GB.
still not able to enter safe mode -gets stuck on driver agp440.sys

stu06
11-12-2008, 14:53
Hi.
Is your model laptop listed in this service manual > http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00246219.pdf
Do you have an XP installation disc or is this stored on the HDD?
There's a link below to have a look at for the agp440error but I don't honestly think it will be any use until the first IRQL problem is sorted and I have to go along with the rest of the comments and if I say that 99.9% of that particular error I have encountered have been RAM orientated,the RAM modules look simple to access according to that particular manual and this could be a simple case of removing one(them) and re-seating it,that's looking on the optimistic side of life.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324764

TIG
11-12-2008, 15:00
hi exos
my comment sounds like another super cleaner, refered to the first post,some of these registy cleaners are a bit agressive

memtest use it my self good programme

jj77
11-12-2008, 18:34
that`s a very good link - about fixing agp440 - thank you very much
by the way ,
my machine is Compaq Evo n410c laptop

in the meantime i was able to get a new hard disk and reinstall windows from scratch from the image -recovery cd provided by compaq - and everything is working fine - no reports about faulty components - so i suspect the hard disk to have been faulty not RAM modules.

I would still like to recover data from that disk .
and i will definitely try again to disable agp440 - but i`m too exhausted from rebuilding the new OS.
It has to wait till weekend - thanks again for all suggestions

jj77
16-12-2008, 19:50
this is to thank especially stu06 for the great link
which allowed me to disable agp440 driver and log into safe mode and recover all the data.
However when i tried later to boot normally i still got blue screen with dumping memory.
So even if i had to reinstall windows on a new larger disk - i didn`t lose any data.

Thanks all for your helpful hints

stu06
16-12-2008, 20:12
Hi.
Pleased you got a sort of result.If it's the annoying dumprep.exe that's running it is possible to retire it by the following.

1. Right click on “My Computer,” choose “Properties” from that menu.
2. Click on >Advanced tab,
3. Click the >Error Reporting button.
4. Check the Disable error reporting box. You may choose to uncheck the box below it, 'But notify me when an error occurs' if desired.

anonymous
04-01-2009, 02:11
Here is one solution to the AGP440 problem, better late tham never I suppose.

START Of PROBLEM
Upon install of Radeon 2600 Video Card;
XP would hang on boot or if left long enough would blue screen, through safe mode startup determined it stopped on "agp440.sys" The file is known as an upper filter for the AGP bus.
Performed exhaustive reasearch to find solution or at least the root cause.

WHAT IT DOES
The file 'AGP440' is an Intel Chip driver that configures the USB bus componets probably first and then the on board AGP video bus. The file also starts a service that provides info to the OS about the USB & AGP bus configuration, Chip type, name, etc. This in turn allows the OS drivers to load normally.

VENDOR FIXES
Microsoft provided a way to disable the file through booting to SETUP but had few recomedation to provide a fix other than Update the Chip Driver.
There were no updates for the Chip any newer than what was there already.
Intel had no answer or driver either.

Disabling the service causes XP to load a default VGA driver to boot the system resultig in limited functionality, The NEW VIDEO CARD though will not
be seen since the OS does not see the AGP bus that it sits in, which in turn will not allow drivers to be loaded or display adaptors to be seen or added.

WHAT WORKED FOR ME
Several forum entries though indicated some sucess by removing all extranious USB devices that were plugged in.
Using that idea as a guide since there was a direct connection, I booted to the BIOS setup (F2); selected 'legacey Integrated Components' the list had 2 USB items,
USB enumeration ON-OFF and USB Bus ENABLE_DISABLE. I disabled the BUS and left the Enumeration on then Saved & Rebooted (after I plugged in a standard
key board & mouse).

XP booted all the way to the log in screen with no hang ups.
I Logged in, The device mangaer saw the new Video Card and I at last easily installed the drivers. The OS said it was good to go.

I rebooted back to BIOS setup re-enabled the USB bus, plugged in the USB mouse & keyboard and restarted, A minute later XP was back to the log in screen,
past that the device manager saw the USB devices and were enabled by the system and reinitialized and everything works great.

It set me back 12+ hours, but what else was I doing with the wind blowing 40+ mph and 25 degrees.

So the problem appears to have been a conflict in that the USB bus configuration loads before the AGP video due to the AGP440.sys programing.

With the new Video Card in it was taking resoures the USB Bus normaly used and so it could not be configured correctly per AGP440.sys causing XP to hang. Temporarily disabling the USB bus until the new video card was installed was the key since the USB bus is far more self configuring than the AGP video bus.

HOPE THIS HELPS