PDA

View Full Version : Epson stylus photo RX425 scanning problem

anonymous
24-03-2009, 21:43
Hi i have bought one of these second-hand and it all works fine apart from when i use the Epson smart panel software and try the scanning option (scan and save).

When i click on the button a pop-up rears its ugly head saying "please install the supported twain driver"

1) what does that mean?

2) how do i get it working?

Im running on windows vista and google chrome.

Incidently i have been to the epson support site and any updated drivers i try to download give me an error page saying the page is no longer there.

For the record i can scan a page and make a copy and the printer works perfectly - i just cant save a scan to my pc.

Any help very much appreciated.

midase
25-03-2009, 10:06
You need the sacnner drivers. They are there at Epson as I have just been there and downloaded. http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=nKGrQtfEm6nWinCj3m8VJINajXtqrwyTHQ5Zf9vol6QU0 03D&tc=6#7

anonymous
25-03-2009, 18:57
Ahh great i tried opening it in Internet explorer rather than google chrome and it downloaded, however when i tried to run it i got this message - hopefully you can see it alright.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/dog_fart/Untitled.jpg

What does this mean?

anonymous
25-03-2009, 19:00
Also for the record if i open Photoimpression 5 and make a scan it will save the scan to the specified location then i get a message saying photoimpression has stopped working. This is helpful as i am able to save a scan but annoying that it crashes none-the-less!

midase
25-03-2009, 19:34
Make sure that the printer is not switched on when you install the drivers and make sure that any previous drivers are deleted from the system. Do a disc cleanup as well. Reboot the computer and then install the new drivers. Switch on the printer and see what happens.

I will not be able to respond after tonight as I will be in hospital for a week so perhaps someone else will pick up on this post.

anonymous
25-03-2009, 20:22
Ah thanks for that - how do i go about deleting the existing drivers?

Sorry for the noob questions!

midase
25-03-2009, 20:32
Look in Add/remove programs in Control panel where they can be deleted.

anonymous
25-03-2009, 20:45
ok ive gone into that section and this is what im presented with.......

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/dog_fart/Untitled-1.jpg

What to do from here?!

anonymous
29-03-2009, 18:31
Anyone? Please!

midase
29-03-2009, 22:42
bump i am in hospital. speed is at a crawel.

anonymous
30-03-2009, 18:28
I really appreciate your help midase, hope all works out well in hospital.

canon40D
01-04-2009, 08:49
hi sorry to butt in but uninstall anything to do with the scanner,if you have problems doing this install cc cleaner and do it with that.
install the drivers and software and only plug in scanner when told to do so,
if your not told to after or during the install plug in and windows should recognise your hardware good luck.