Search

Search computeractive.co.uk

Go Back   Forums > Readers to the Rescue > Other Hardware
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 13:43
Forum Member

Default Huawei G300 Smartphone.

I have just upgraded to a smartphone, well, I was due an upgrade and seeing I could have this one free and for the same tarrif as the old phone it was a no brainer really. I won't go into details as there are lots of reveiws of this model on other sites. It is a very good phone but there seems to be one glitch with it that spoils an otherwise great bit of kit, and that glitch is that when receiving a call the phones speaker is very low on volume, despite having it set to the highest level, to bring it up a bit more you need to put it on speaker phone. From what I have read this is an inherent problem, or fault if you like, of this model of which there is talk of a software download upgrade that will be available in the near future. I was wondering if anyone here on the Forum has this model and what their opinion of it is.
Old 05-05-2012, 21:14
Expert Member

hi,,, i think there is talk of an android up date to 4.0 ICS later in the year,,, but dont hold your breath on that one.
Old 05-05-2012, 22:13
Forum Member

This phone has only just been released and at the moment is exclusive to Vodafone and is expected to hit the wider general market in the next few weeks so my thinking is that the incoming call volume problem won't get sorted until this happens and enough units have been sold which will crank up the number of customer/user complaints but it is known and as you say, an update is on the cards. I'm going to pop in the phone shop mid week to see if they know anything more about it and I'll report back. Should have given the full name of the phone, Huawei Ascend 300G.
Old 17-05-2012, 17:08
Forum Member

The update to cure the issue of the sounds and incoming call volume of this phone has now been released and is an over the air update received via the phone in 'notifications'. I have just installed the update and it has now cured the problem.
Old 19-05-2012, 10:09
Expert Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
The update to cure the issue of the sounds and incoming call volume of this phone has now been released and is an over the air update received via the phone in 'notifications'. I have just installed the update and it has now cured the problem.

good news ,,, nice one.
Closed Thread