Simple clear advice in plain English

Search

Search computeractive.co.uk

Go Back   Forums > Games consoles and PC Gaming > Games and gaming
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2012, 15:20

Default Struggling to load explosiv version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate section of these forums to post in - no doubt someone will put me right if I should have posted in Windows XP, or Hardware even.
I bought the explosiv version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 for my grandson but have so far not been able to load the game.
My PC (Windows XP Home Service Pack 3, 3.5gb RAM), for whatever reason is configured with the autorun.exe of the CD drive disabled, so I have been used to clicking on that file on the CD in order for a load to run.
The issue with this particular program is that there are 3 disks. Disk 1 loads as I have described, but when I am asked to insert Disk 2 nothing further happens. I have looked at the folders on the disk and it would appear that the only .exe file is stub.exe (which appears to be the autorun.exe equivalent on that disk) but clicking on that produces no result.
Any ideas that would redeem grandad's image in the eyes of this 7-year old would be very welcome.

Thank you.
Old 28-12-2012, 21:45

Default Struggling to load explosiv version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002

It transpires that grandad is not such a "duffer" after all. The CD marked "Disc 2" was actually "Disc 3" - and vice versa!
The game is going back anyway as Amazon has it posted [only] as being for Windows XP, but when you read the accompanying notes compatability issues are specifically raised when trying to run on XP and back-compatability tweaking to Windows 95/98/me/2000 are suggested.
Closed Thread