Simple clear advice in plain English

Search

Search computeractive.co.uk

Go Back   Forums > Readers to the Rescue > Graphics and sound
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2013, 10:56

Default Picture

Can someone tell me how I correct the position of my picture on my monitor. It is about 15-20cm to the left and I have a black line down the right hand side of the screen. I need to move the whole picture to the right. I dont think its the monitor as I have tried another and the same thing happens. I am using a Lenovo desktop computer running windows 7 home premium and a Samsung monitor. Thanks in advance.
Old 21-01-2013, 11:23
Expert Member

I'd first check the graphics card/chip settings - just 'how' will depend largely on your particular card - look in Control Panel for your model's Control Icon rather than Display.

If all seems ok there, I'd re-install the graphics card drivers.

Is the picture complete or is it actually skewed off-screen on the left ?

Last edited by Stewart; 21-01-2013 at 11:27.
Old 21-01-2013, 11:50
Expert Member

The monitor will have a set of buttons to display menus for correcting the position of the image.
Old 21-01-2013, 18:01
Expert Member

re previous reply, normally there is a menu option (from the monitor buttons)of 'auto' which should fix it, failing that, there is often a position option where you can move it left/right up/down
Old 21-01-2013, 21:17
Expert Member

Just unusual if two monitors had exactly the same problem & it wasn't down to the PC.
Old 21-01-2013, 22:32

Default Picture

Ruled out monitor trouble as same on two monitors. The picture is complete,just wants moving to the right.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:16

Default Picture

I have updated the driver for my graphics card.No different.
The picture is complete but slightly off screen. Half the start button is missing and part of the program icons down the left hand sie are missing. On a web page the ''back'' button is only half showing too.Down the right hand side I have a black band where the picture should be.It all need shifting about 15mm to the right.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:15

Smile Picture

After going into my control panel, clicking Intel Graphics and Media the Graphic and Media control panel came up and well hidden away here was the buttons to line up the picture. Now all ok. But it was well hidden and difficult to find. Sorry all and thanks for your help.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:41
Expert Member

Use the controls on the monitor. There may well be an auto adjustment key. If you don't understand how to use the controls, tell us the make and model of the monitor.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:26

Smile Picture

My replies somehow dont seem to be coming up on here. Actually,my monitor has no control buttons, only an on off switch. But I have already posted on here (but it never showed) that I have sorted the problem by going into my control panel-Intel graphics and media, this opened up my media control panel and I eventually found the buttons to move my picture up and down and left or right. But these buttons were not easy to find. Many thanks to you all for your help
Closed Thread