Simple clear advice in plain English

Search

Search computeractive.co.uk

Go Back   Forums > Readers to the Rescue > Internet
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2007, 18:04
Forum Member

Default Broadband keeps disconnecting for no reason.

My Orange Broadband keeps disconnecting for no reason, mostly in the evenings and late at night, not as much during the day. It used to stay logged on for hours. Now when I click a link it pops up with Error 734, sometimes other error numbers as well, redialling moving down in seconds, until auto reconnects itself again. I have checked the broadband’s ‘properties’ > ‘Security’ keeps moving to the ‘Advanced’ (custom settings), when I’ve kept clicking on the ‘Typical’ (recommended setting) to ‘Allow unsecured password’ and it keeps changing back to the ‘Advanced’ etc. I am assuming this is the reason my Broadband disconnects itself? Can’t see any reason for this.
Can anyone please advice me, what I should do to correct this? Heather
Old 31-10-2007, 18:59
Forum Member

Default Re: Broadband keeps disconnecting for no reason.

Think I may have already discovered why my broadband was disconnecting, I looked at the further info. on the pop up error 734 & discovered it told me also, to check my broadband connection > 'properties' > 'networking' > 'settings' > to disable 'enable LCP Extensions', which I have done and it seems to be staying on for longer, but have just realised it has disconnected again, so perhaps it has not sorted my problem out after all! I will click on the post message and I expect it will pop up again. Heather
Closed Thread