Simple clear advice in plain English

Search

Search computeractive.co.uk

Go Back   Forums > Readers to the Rescue > Windows 7
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2011, 16:19

Default audiodg.exe

I've been getting high levels of cpu usage. The alerts say it's to do with audiodg.exe, and the first time it happened one of the processors was running at 100%. After googling around I did what was recommended: made sure sound enhancements were off and disabled the two microphones.

The second time (96%) I disabled anything Realtek related, recommended by the same expert.

Now I've had a third alert, a processor running at 100% again.

This happens when I'm playing mp3s in WMP. Can anyone suggest why?
Old 16-04-2011, 17:02
Expert Member

Apart from the CPU usage being high, is there any other problem or error message when you play mp3 files? Do they play alright?

Dave
Old 16-04-2011, 19:08

Yes, Dave, they play fine. No problems with any kind of audio. The only thing that happens is the alert, and if I'm quick enough opening Task Manager I see it happening on the performance tab. In fact there's a peak of 35% caused by opening Task Manager - is that normal?
Old 16-04-2011, 19:40
Forum Member

Hi Chinmusic
Almost certain that this is a warning I experience and ignore. It is originated by Norton, in my case NIS2011. I have changed the settings in NIS in an attempt to inhibit the appearance of this message with very little effect. The log shows a brief peak in usage, which can be as a result of any program or combination of programs. It is possible to turn this warning off if you so wish, (NIS Control Panel). I have had this message appear at intervals for some months, but never had any problems resulting from it. I suspect with a duel core processor it is picking up a loading in one core, although thats a guess. Of course if you do not use Norton then please disregard the afore said. Jim
Old 16-04-2011, 20:15

Jim, I do use Norton so you've reassured me that nothing's likely to go badly wrong. Thanks.
Closed Thread