Simple clear advice in plain English

Search

Search computeractive.co.uk

Go Back   Forums > Readers to the Rescue > Other Hardware
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 14:53

Default AOC monitor sound

My friend has an AOC 2036A monitor which has built-in speakers. The output volume of the sound from the speakers is very low, despite the volume control on the computer being turned up to the max. We can't find a volume control on the monitor to raise the volume. The speakers are connected to the computer by a lead plugged into the normal sound output of the computer. We have tried a separate pair of powered speakers plugged into the sound output jack on the computer and they have a good volume.
The computer is running Windows7 HP.
Hope someone will know how to increase the volume please.
Thanks in anticipation Edward1752.
Old 01-05-2012, 15:07

I have a different monitor. On mine the sound control is done using the normal picture/menu buttons on the front of the monitor (or using a menu option).
Old 01-05-2012, 15:43

Edward

Some monitors are specifically designed for office use and as such the maximum volume is kept to a minimum for obvious reasons.
Your maximum audio output may be the loudest you'll get and additional external speakers are perhaps what you need.
Old 02-05-2012, 13:28
Expert Member

if there are no monitor buttons labelled for the volume, it must be buried in the monitor menu somewhere. I have seen many monitors where the volume is buried stupidly deep in the menu, I think it should always be easy to change but it seems makers think not. I would think most people would say they are more likely to change volume more often than say brightness / contrast.
I find it hard to believe any monitor would have speakers built in but have no volume control in the menu somewhere
Old 02-05-2012, 13:34

This link -->> AOC has also equipped the 2036Sa with two 1 watt speakers making it ideal for low volume audio experience <<-- may imply that the low volume is by design - depends how you read it.
There are several references via Google regarding the very low volume output by unhappy users of this monitor.
Old 02-05-2012, 20:09
Expert Member

before my other message I had aslo noticed the mention of 1 watt speaker output(using google). that sounds low, but i checked some others of models I have used and 1 watt is not uncommon and other 1 watt ones in my experienve have given a reasonable sound level that you would want from a pc monitor, usually rubbish quality, but still loud enough.
Old 02-05-2012, 22:23
Expert Member

No mention of any monitor volume control in the manual - AOC 2036Sa ( 2036S has no speakers)

http://us.aoc.com/monitor_display/2036sa
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21
Expert Member

i agree it does not seem to show any volume adjustment in the manual.
if i had just bought this and found the volume too quiet and no adjustment available I would take it back and tell the retailer it is not fit for purpose.
Old 05-05-2012, 14:06

Default AOC monitor sound

Thank you all for your contributions.
I have been in touch with the retailer who sold my friend the monitor and all they say is add a pair of powered speakers. They said the speakers in the monitor are only very basic.
Personally I think if it were mine I would return the monitor as Cliffpage says but buying another pair of speakers is not a major expense, but it is the principle that the monitor speakers are not fit for purpose as you say Cliffpage. I think that when they were supplied the retailer should have told my friend that there was no volume control for the speakers.

Thanks to you all.

Edward1752
Closed Thread